Beef and/or Black Bean BurritoPublished on 01 Apr 2016
Burritos are a very popular (albeit un-authentic) Mexican dish, so popular that they’re often made terribly by fast food chains. But this quick and easy beef & black bean burrito recipe is packed with flavour and I have no doubt that it would easily become a favourite of yours.
|Prep Time||5-10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-30 minutes|
|Assembly Time||1-2 minutes|
|Consumption Time||20-30 seconds|
|Equipment||large, wide saucepan|
|500 g (1 lb)||ground beef||if you prefer, you can omit the beef and double up on the beans|
|1 16-oz. can||black beans||drained|
|3 cloves||garlic||finely minced or grated|
|2-3 whole||jalapeno peppers||diced|
|4 tablespoons||chili powder||–|
|1 teaspoon||chipotle pepper powder||spicy, if you have it|
|1-2 cups||grated cheddar cheese||–|
|–||salt & pepper||to taste|
- Preheat a deep saucepan over moderately high heat.
- Drop you ground beef into the dry pan and cook, stirring occassionally, until it is thoroughly browned. 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add your garlic, onions and peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, plus the chili and chipotle pepper powder and throw in the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese melts in and everything is mixed together.
- Cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes more for the flavours to develop.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve.
Stuff for Assembly
When you’re building & wrapping your burrito(s) here are some suggested fillings/toppings: