Chicken PaprikashPublished on 30 Mar 2016
One of the simplest and tastiest dishes you can make with just a few ingredients, and probably the most well-known Hungarian dish, is: chicken paprikash.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30-45 minutes|
|Equipment||large, wide saucepan|
|1 kg||chicken parts||4 each legs & thighs, with skin on|
|1 large||onion||halved & thinly sliced|
|3 cloves||garlic||finely chopped|
|1 cup||chicken stock||–|
|2 tablespoons||sweet paprika||you can optionally add a small amount of hot or smoked paprika|
|1 cup||sour cream||–|
|–||salt & pepper||–|
- Melt butter in a wide, large saucepan over moderately high heat.
- Season the chicken, leaving the skin on, with salt and pepper. Move chicken to saucepan and place skin side down to brown. 10-15 minutes.
- Turn chicken to brown other side 10 minutes.
- Place sliced onions and garlic in among the chicken and continue to cook down those for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and paprika. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine together the sour cream and flour. Remove chicken from the sauce and whisk in the sour cream-flour mixture.
- Return chicken to sauce and coat in the sauce. Serve over buttered noodles.