Cold Couscous SaladPublished on 06 Sep 2014
I really enjoy couscous and while it’s often best in warm dishes, it makes a great pasta salad too; pasta salad it needn’t always be some mayo-dressing + macaroni. Couscous mixed with a bunch of chopped vegetables & herbs in a vinagrette and served cold makes a great meal (or side dish).
You can make this salad with almost any crisp vegetable you like (or combinations of vegetables), you don’t have to use all the ones I list in this recipe.
|Yield||About 6 cups|
|2 tablespoons||olive oil||–|
|1||red pepper, diced||–|
|1||celery stalk, diced||–|
|1/2||red onion, diced||–|
|1/3 cup||sliced black olives||–|
|4 tablespoons||crumbled feta cheese||–|
|4 tablespoons||chopped fresh parsley||–|
|2 tablespoons||red wine vinegar||–|
|to taste||salt & pepper||–|
- Bring the water to a boil, add the salt.
- Remove from heat and add the couscous, stir amd let set until the couscous has absorbed the water.
- Transfer cooked couscous to a large bowl and toss thoroughly with olive oil to keep from sticking.
- Add the chopped red pepper, tomato, celery, cucumber, red onion, black olives, parsley & feta and toss to combine.
- Season with the vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Cover and chill in a refridgerator for at least 2 hours before serving.