Pasta with Browned Garlic & HerbsPublished on 03 Apr 2016
Often the tastiest pasta dishes are made with just a few ingredients and this is one I make on occassion to use up herbs that I usually have sitting in the fridge.
|~2-3 tablespoons||lemon juice||about 1/2 of a large lemon|
|a few pinches||red pepper flakes||to your preference|
|1/3–1/2 cup||flat-leaf herbs||parsley, basil, tarragon, oregano & green onions or a combination thereof|
|–||salt & pepper||to taste|
|a “handful”||dry spaghetti||or any other long pasta you prefer|
- Coarsely chop your herbs and thinly slice your garlic. Set aside.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Over moderate heat, add enough olive oil to a sauce pan to cover the bottom.
- Fry the sliced garlic until it begins to turn golden brown. Take care not to burn it.
- Add your chopped herbs, lemon juice and pepper flakes plus a splash of the pasta water. Whisk to combine.
- Toss the cooked pasta in this mixture to coat thoroughly. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Season to your preference with salt & pepper. Serve.