Peanut Butter CookiePublished on 18 Apr 2013
While not for the calorie conscious, or the fat of heart, a delicious peanut butter cookie can’t go astray. Most folks tend to over-bake their peanut butter cookies and end up with a dry cookie. This favourite peanut butter cookie recipe of mine will yield a soft & chewy cookie that you can hate yourself over after eating several.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or white sugar)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat the nearest oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together on medium speed until light and fluffy:
- Add the egg beat until well-mixed.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well-blended and smooth. Let rest for ~5 minutes to firm.
- Using your hands or a small scoop. Place the individual cookies, well-spaced, onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- In batches, bake for 10-12 minutes. When you remove them to cool they will look under-baked, but trust me they’re finished.
For baking, a silicone sheet (like this Silpat branded one) is unbelievably great.