Quick Tomato SaucePublished on 26 May 2014
Here’s a quick recipe for a red sauce.
- 1 large (28 oz.) can tomatoes, diced or whole (uncooked)
- 1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 bulb of garlic (10-12 cloves), minced or thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 250-300mL red wine (a glass of)
- salt, to taste
- 1 bag, baby spinach
- 1 500g box dry pasta, your preference such as penne or farfalle (bowties)
- Preheat your skillet over med-high.
- Add olive oil and saute the garlic & onion for a few minutes.
- Add the wine, canned tomatoes & tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the bay leaves & oregano. Season with salt. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook your pasta and encorporate into sauce. Cover & let it absorb the sauce for a few minutes.
- Place the bag of spinach atop the encorporated pasta-sauce mixture & cover –the remaining heat will be enough to wilt the spinach.
- When spinach is wilted, serve and garnish with grated Parmesan, if desired.