Dead-Simple PancakesPublished on 17 Mar 2015
Pancakes, who doesn’t love em? So I’ll share my easy pancake recipe –which is a few steps simpler and requires a bit less effort than my other recipe/method. Plus, I use a set of ratios that is easy to remember. 1 cup each flour & milk, 1 tablespoon each sugar & baking powder + 1 egg. Combine all, fry in butter.
Yes, that is peanut butter and maple syrup –don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
|1 cup||all-purpose flour||–|
|1 tablespoon||baking powder||–|
|2 tablespoons||melted butter||plus more for frying|
- Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients and whisk together thoroughly.
- Crack int the egg and whisk it and your melted butter into the batter.
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick pan
- Add some butter and heat until it just begins to sizzle.
- Ladle out batter onto the griddle/pan –into the butter– to a desired radius.
- Flip only when you begin to see bubbles surface and the edges beginning to brown.
- Serve with your choice of condiments.