Banana BreadPosted on 09 Feb 2017
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Equipment||1 loaf pan, an electric beater|
Do you always buy too many bananas & find that they turn black way before you finish them? Don’t despair, make banana bread!
(You can also peel said black bananas and freeze them in a sealed bag for later use.)
|2-3||very ripe bananas||—|
|½ cup||butter||at room temperature|
|½ teaspoon||vanilla extract||—|
|1 ½ cups||flour||—|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder||—|
These are a some extra ingredients you can add you your banana bread to make more delicious.
|½ cup||chocolate chips||—|
|½ cup||chopped walnuts or pecans||any “soft” nut will do here (i.e. not something tooth breaking like an almond)|
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Next peel and mash the bananas along with the beaten egg and the vanilla extract.
- Add the creamed butter and sugar along with the flour, salt and baking power. Combine (I just keep using the electric beater here to save on dishes).
- Grease your loaf pan with butter and pour in the batter.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until a skewer you stick in it comes out clean and dry.