Cinnamon RollsPosted on 26 Dec 2012
One of the holiday traditions in my family is the making of fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast Christmas morning.
|4 -4.5 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1 packet (2 ¼ tablespoons)||active dry yeast|
|⅓ cup||butter or shortening, softened|
|1 tablespoons||butter, melted|
|⅓ cup||brown sugar|
- Combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Dissolve the ⅓ cup sugar and salt in the milk.
- Add the milk solution, butter and eggs to your flour mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Start adding the remaining flour (a ⅓ cup at a time) and knead until a slightly sticky dough has formed (about 6-8 minutes).
- Place your dough in a greased bowl; cover and let rise until it has approximately doubled in size (~1 hour).
- When the dough has risen, cut in half and (on a clean floured surface) roll out into 2 thin rectangles (~30x50 cm).
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Melt the (2 tablespoons) of butter, and brush one side of each of the doughy rectangles with melted butter.
- Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar atop the buttery dough.
- Roll up each rectangle and slice into ~3 cm rounds.
- Place the rounds, in a fancy manner, into greased (with butter) glass cookware, and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Combine the cream and 1 tablespoon sugar and pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (or until a nice golden brown).
- Invert onto a baking rack and let cool.
- When cooled, remove the baking dish and enjoy.