Dark Chocolate Espresso GanachePosted on 11 May 2013
I almost universally put chocolate on any cakes I make, and it’s usually something like the following ganache.
|6 ounces||bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped|
|½ cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 cup||white sugar|
|pinch||coarse sea salt|
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy,
- In a small heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate along with the espresso and milk in the microwave.
- Remove and add the salt, stir until smooth.
- Add the butter-cream and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Warm the ganache slightly –so it can be spread easily– before applying to a cake.