Fish TacosPosted on 27 Mar 2014
Who doesn’t love a fish taco? I don’t have a fancy name for these, they’re just something I put together, but they were tasty, so here you go.
- ~1 kg white fish fillet, such as cod, tilapia, etc.
- ~1 cup all-p flour
- salt & pepper
- ~3 tablespoons butter
Garlic-Chili-Lime Aioli Ingredients
- ~¼ cup mayonaisse
- ~¼ cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- ~1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1 lime, juice of
- freshly ground black pepper
- flour tortillas
- green cabbage, shredded
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- garlic-chili-lime aioli
- Place everything in a blender and blend.
- Transfer to a container or a food-safe squeeze bottle –I have a bunch myself).
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the fish fillet.
- Dredge the fillet(s) in flour
- Melt the butter in the pan. When it begins to sizzle place the fillets in the pan.
- Let it brown on that initial side (perhaps ~4 minutes) & resist the urge to move it.
- Flip, brown the other side.
- Remove from the heat an set aside.
- On a tortilla, squirt/smear on some of the aioli.
- Place some of the shredded cabbage atop that, and next some of the pan-fried fish.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro, and guacamole, and a squeeze of lime if you like.
- Enjoy. :-)