Two-Minute Microwave BrowniesPosted on 12 Dec 2013
So you’re ~inherently lazy! into simple things (like me) and you don’t want to bake a whole tray of brownies, I have this stupid-simple brownie recipe that uses that oh so ~lazy! simple device: the microwave.
Now you can get your chocolate/brownie fix in less than 5 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
If you’d like a more chocolate-y flavour, you can substitute the milk with tepid espresso or coffee. Or if you want an even richer brownie, use cream.
- Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a small bowl,
- Portion into small microwave-proof dishes or cups.
- Cover with a paper towel and zap in your standard microwave in 30 second intervals, until the tops are no longer jiggly. (For the one you see above, it took 90 seconds).
- Remove let cool for about 30 seconds.
If you want to get really crazy with the level of chocolate, submerge a piece of dark chocolate in the batter before microwaving.