Olive Oil PopcornPosted on 22 Feb 2013
Here’s my twist on the classic movie munchie. I enjoy popping loose kernels in a large pot in olive oil just to give it a slight taste of the oil flavour, and then I usually toss it with a tad more olive oil seasoned with salt & pepper.
|Equipment||deep pot, large bowl|
|1 tablespoons||olive oil|
|⅓ cup||popcorn kernels|
|—||salt & pepper|
Of course you can add your own toppings, a few I recommend are: Parmigiano-Reggiano, nutmeg, chili powder, curry, spicy powder or any other fragrant spice combo really.
- Preheat your pot over somewhat high heat –but not too hot as you don’t want your oil to burn.
- Add the olive oil and the kernels, uncovered.
- Shake the pot a few times to evenly distribute the kernels and properly coat them in the oil.
- Once the first few kernel start to pop, cover the pot.
- Listen to the popping. When it slows to a pops or tewoa second, remove from the heat and into your bowl.
- Toss with a little salt & black pepper and drizzle with more olive oil. Serve.