Peanut Butter CookiesPosted on 18 Apr 2013
While not for the calorie conscious, or the fat of heart, a delicious peanut butter cookie can’t go astray. Most folks tend to over-bake their peanut butter cookies and end up with a dry cookie. This favourite peanut butter cookie recipe of mine will yield a soft & chewy cookie that you can hate yourself over after eating several.
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||baking soda|
|¼ teaspoon||kosher salt|
|1 cup||smooth peanut butter|
|1 cup||unsalted butter|
|¼ cup||honey (or white sugar)|
|1 cup||packed light brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|1 large||egg yolk|
- Preheat the nearest oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together on medium speed until light and fluffy:
- Add the egg beat until well-mixed.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well-blended and smooth. Let rest for ~5 minutes to firm.
- Using your hands or a small scoop. Place the individual cookies, well-spaced, onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- In batches, bake for 10-12 minutes. When you remove them to cool they will look under-baked, but trust me they’re finished.
For baking, a silicone sheet (like this Silpat branded one) is unbelievably great.