Strawberry SorbetPosted on 20 May 2014
Hey we’re heading towards summer, it’s time to make ice cream. Okay, you may not be as adventurous as that –sorbet is less work & equally enjoyable. Now, you may not have an ice cream machine (and neither do I) but a food processor or blender is a way to cheat that.
You can use these methods with almost any fruit (or combinations of fruit), I just happened to have & use fresh strawberries.
- 1 pound / 0.5 kg fresh strawberries, leafy parts removed
- ½ a lemon, juice of
- 150 mL simple syrup or 250 mL strawberry preserves
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor blend the strawberries, preserves, lemon juice & salt until smooth.
- Transfer to a shallow dish, cover & freeze until completely solid, depending on your freezer: 3-4+ hours.
- Break up the frozen sorbet and return to the food processor. Blend until light and smooth.
- Return to dish, cover and place back in freezer to set.
- If it is too hard before serving, let thaw for 15 minutes or so in your fridge.